Complimentary press credentials are issued only to qualified journalists (reporters, editors, freelance writers and news photographers, producers, etc.) working for media outlets relevant to the home technology industry.
Non-editorial/paid press registration is available for marketing, public relations, advertising, sales, publishers, book authors, book editors and other non-editorial employees of a media organization who plan to engage in any sales or marketing activities. Satellite media tours are strictly prohibited.
Please note that all press registrations will be reviewed, and additional information or supporting verification may be required before press credentials will be provided. CEDIA Expo reserves the right to deny any press applicant if sufficient credentials are not provided.
Reporters, editors and other editorial staff from a print media outlet must be able to show either a business card with an editorial title or a masthead from a current technology related publication listing you as an editorial contact.
Freelance writers must provide a signed letter of assignment from the assigning editor at a recognized news outlet relevant to the technology industry.
Photographers must submit a letter or email from the news organization they are representing describing what they have been hired to cover. Emails must come from the editor’s corporate email account. Generic email addresses (ie. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc.) will not be accepted.
Press registration for bloggers and other online media outlets will be considered on a case-by-case basis by CEDIA Expo.
- To be considered for press credentials, the blog must be have been previously established, independent and regularly updated with original and current home technology news for a minimum of a year.
- The blog must adhere to a standard of professional responsibility regulating institutional journalism, such as editing, fact-checking and disclosure of conflicts of interest.
- The blogger must have posted a bylined piece within three months prior to registering for CEDIA Expo.
- Company blogs will not be considered
- Press registrants must disclose any conflict of interest. Credentialed media are prohibited from engaging in a pay-for-play arrangement or any other type of financial compensation that may influence their coverage.
Production Companies and Video Crews
Production companies and videography crews must pre-register and submit the application with proof of insurance.
In-house Publication Employees
In-house newsletter writers, book authors, book editors and publishers do not qualify as working press.
Publishers must register as non-editorial paid press. However, publishers who also act in an editorial capacity for their publication may be considered for complimentary press credentials by demonstrating a regular history of bylined articles written for the publication, if no other editorial staff from the publication are attending.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.